EmuTOS 1.2 and 1.2.1 |
On August 07th 2022 EmuTOS Development Team published new version 1.2 of free and open-source TOS replacement.
And then - it already became a tradition - developers found a bug in a new version and nine days later bugfix version 1.2.1 was out.
So we speaking now about both versions together.
Major changes in EmuTOS 1.2:
- AES: Add support for 3D objects (enabled in 512k ROMs and PRG)
- AES: Add support for new menu_xxx() functions in AES 3.30
- AES: Allow up to 16 windows for versions with AES 3.30 support
- BIOS: Add interrupt-driven I/O for SCC serial ports
- EmuDesk: Resize screen memory in videl modes, just like TOS4
- General: Make FireBee ROMs single-language
- VDI: Fix crash under FreeMiNT with memory protect enabled
- AES: Display better error message if program launch failed
- AES: Improve error checking for wind_xxx() functions
- AES: Better looking separators in menus
- BDOS: Implement undocumented TOS function Srealloc()
- BIOS: Add support for IKBD/MIDI error vectors
- BIOS: Increase timeout for IDE transfers
- EmuDesk: Fix bug in 'Set file mask...'
- EmuDesk: Fix drag'n'drop bug with desktop icons
- EmuDesk: Display the 'busy' mouse cursor for some lengthy actions
- VDI: Allow Falcon video modes to be set in v_opnwk()
- VDI: Implement v_hardcopy()
- VDI: Speed up some VDI calls
- XBIOS: Implement undocumented TOS function VcheckMode()
- Many minor and/or obscure bugs have been fixed
Changes in EmuTOS 1.2.1:
There were only two changes to fix bugs in EmuTOS 1.2:
- AES: Fix accessories displaying an alert box
- AES: Correct process name in AES process descriptor
You can download latest version for your hardware from SourceForge site:
https://sourceforge.net/proje ... tos/1.2.1/
or from Dima Sobolev's TOS Images Collection:
Also Dima updated his TOS images recognition program to support latest EmuTOS version. Program could be downloaded from his site:
The FireBee FreeMiNT Setup 2022 |
This year we are back with a strong sign of life. Now that the website is up and ...
EmuTOS 1.2 and 1.2.1 |
On August 07th 2022 EmuTOS Development Team published new version 1.2 of free and ...
EmuTOS 1.1.1 |
On July 08th 2021 EmuTOS Development Team published new version 1.1 of this free ...